XESCOM – Red Internacional de Investigación de Gestión de la Comunicación is a scientific collaboration project (R2016/019), funded in regime of competitive concurrence by Consellería de Cultura, Educación e Ordenación Universitaria of the Government of Galicia (Spain), launched in 2014 and involving nearly one hundred researchers from universities around the world.
Since 2015, XESCOM has organized an international symposium to promote the meeting of researchers in the field of communication and other related areas.
In the 2019 edition, the main areas of work of XESCOM are extended to other themes such as creative industries and entrepreneurship in the digital era. The fourth symposium will be held in collaboration with IMMAA (International Media Management Academic Association), PIMENED(
The XESCOM symposium will host both expert conferences as well as communications from researchers around the world. If you want to participate in the 2019 edition, which will be held at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto, from April 25 to 27, you can submit your work based on the following topics:
– Media and communication in the creative industries;
– Business models and innovation of communication, media and culture;
– Market, production, editorial management and digital challenges;
– The economics and management of the arts and culture;
– Marketing in creative and cultural industries;
– Entrepreneurship in communication, culture and creative industries;
– Regional development and clusters in the cultural and creative industries;
– Creative, intelligent cities and urban art;
– Technology applied to the communication and culture industries;
– Theories and methods in media, communication and culture studies;
– Communication management in the context of cultural diversity;
– Production dynamics and culture, leisure and tourism market;
– Policies for publication in communication, media and creative industries;
– Media and Creative Industries Sustainability in Africa;
– Television and future of the audiovisual public service;
– Traditional media (press, radio and television), digital metamedia
(blogs, websites, platforms), generalist and scientific social networks;
– Journalism in the ecosystem of multi-platform convergence,
multiscreen, transmedia and mobility;
– Organization, management, models and formats of electoral debates;
– Corporate, political and institutional communication;
– Public relations management;
– Corporate Social Responsibility: strategy, impact, implementation,
evaluation, certification and social action;
– Traditional advertising or new forms of persuasive communication,
sponsorship, patronage, bartering, product placement;
– Neurocommunication and neuromarketing;
– Free communications.
For further informations visit https://xescom2019.