We deeply regret the great loss caused by the death of one of our founders, Professor Chris Scholz. We will miss him, not only our organization but also the entire international media management community. We send our deepest condolences to his family and friends. We will always remember him as a great scientist and a good friend. Both, his significant and shaping influence on the development of our IMMAA organization and his contribution to research are a legacy for the scientific community in the field of media management.
Chris, Thank you for everything you gave us.
O board da IMMAA lamenta a perda irreparável de um dos seus fundadores: o professor Chris Scholz. O falecimento de um dos nossos fundadores constitui uma grande perda para a nossa associação, mas também para a comunidade académica internacional. Desejamos à família e amigos próximos as nossas condolências e coragem para enfrentar esta partida prematura. Ficará sempre registado na memória da IMMAA como uma pessoa de grande carácter pessoal, humanista e de rigor científico. A qualidade do seu legado na nossa associação e nas obras publicadas merece um olhar atento sobre o contributo que deixou para toda a comunidade científica da área da gestão e economiaccomo também nos outras áreas das ciências sociais. Chris, OBRIGADO POR TUDO O QUE NOS DESTE.
IMMAA (International Media Management Academic Association) is a global association of academics researching critical issues of media management with the goal of improving practice and understanding of media markets and institutions for the ultimate benefit of media managers and the students who will be the media managers of the future. Its diverse international membership fosters and promotes an appreciation for the differences among countries and cultures that contribute to characteristics that differentiate national media markets and shape relationships among them. Past conferences were held in Chicago, San Francisco, Saarbrücken, New York, Lisbon, Pamplona, Moscow, Seoul, Sao Paulo and Stuttgart.
In 2019, IMMAA Conference will be hosted by Northwestern University in Qatar, between the 4th and the 6th of October.
The IMMAA 2019 Conference welcomes contributions from diverse perspectives. Papers are encouraged to examine practical examples in case study approaches and all qualitative and quantitative approaches to research. Prioritization will be given to papers related to three key dimensions:
Deadline for submitting abstracts and panel proposals: until July 1st
Notification of abstract or panel proposal acceptance: until July 10th
Notification of abstract or panel proposal acceptance: until August 25th
Notification of abstract or panel proposal acceptance: until September 20th
*A reduced registration fee (150€) is available for all that submit the papers until the 15th of July. Students and junior academic researchers, which don’t have a scholarship or a salary, also may have an additional discount: 30% – 1st call; 25% – 2nd call; 20% – 3rd call.
Paper submissions and panel proposals will be judged on the basis of extended abstracts that should be between 5 and 7 pages long (1,500 to 2,500 words) and send to: email@example.com
For further informations visit here.
XESCOM – Red Internacional de Investigación de Gestión de la Comunicación is a scientific collaboration project (R2016/019), funded in regime of competitive concurrence by Consellería de Cultura, Educación e Ordenación Universitaria of the Government of Galicia (Spain), launched in 2014 and involving nearly one hundred researchers from universities around the world.
Since 2015, XESCOM has organized an international symposium to promote the meeting of researchers in the field of communication and other related areas.
In the 2019 edition, the main areas of work of XESCOM are extended to other themes such as creative industries and entrepreneurship in the digital era. The fourth symposium will be held in collaboration with IMMAA (International Media Management Academic Association), PIMENED (
The XESCOM symposium will host both expert conferences as well as communications from researchers around the world. If you want to participate in the 2019 edition, which will be held at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Porto, from April 25 to 27, you can submit your work based on the following topics:
– Media and communication in the creative industries;
– Business models and innovation of communication, media and culture;
– Market, production, editorial management and digital challenges;
– The economics and management of the arts and culture;
– Marketing in creative and cultural industries;
– Entrepreneurship in communication, culture and creative industries;
– Regional development and clusters in the cultural and creative industries;
– Creative, intelligent cities and urban art;
– Technology applied to the communication and culture industries;
– Theories and methods in media, communication and culture studies;
– Communication management in the context of cultural diversity;
– Production dynamics and culture, leisure and tourism market;
– Policies for publication in communication, media and creative industries;
– Media and Creative Industries Sustainability in Africa;
– Television and future of the audiovisual public service;
– Traditional media (press, radio and television), digital metamedia
(blogs, websites, platforms), generalist and scientific social networks;
– Journalism in the ecosystem of multi-platform convergence,
multiscreen, transmedia and mobility;
– Organization, management, models and formats of electoral debates;
– Corporate, political and institutional communication;
– Public relations management;
– Corporate Social Responsibility: strategy, impact, implementation,
evaluation, certification and social action;
– Traditional advertising or new forms of persuasive communication,
sponsorship, patronage, bartering, product placement;
– Neurocommunication and neuromarketing;
– Free communications.
For further informations visit https://xescom2019.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/xescom-en-3-1.pdf.