Organised and hosted by:
Korea University, School of Media and Communication
Korea Media Management Association
27 – 30 October 2016
Dealing with Disruption in Media Markets
While the range of topics addressed at the IMMAA’s 2016 Annual Conference in Seoul may be as broad as the issues that must be addressed by managers and policy makers in media markets, the 2016 conference will focus especially on the implications of disruption in media markets for management strategy and educational practice.
Following is a non-exhaustive list of topics for which IMMAA is encouraging submissions.
– Media audiences: research and metrics
– The temporal aspects of competition in media markets
– Disruption and innovation in media markets
– Venture capital, crowdfunding and media financing
– Media business and telecomunication
– The tension between cooperation and competition in media markets
– Public policies and state subsidies for media
– Media concentration and policy responses
– Media entrepreneurship and small companies
– Media brands, marketing and communication
– Media business research methods
– Media education
– Productivity and the management of creative people
– Social responsibility in media industries
– Assessing performance for media companies and media markets
– The dynamics of Asian media markets and media systems
15 May 2016 – Deadline for submitting abstracts
30 May 2016 – Notification of paper or panel proposal acceptance
30 June 2016 – Deadline for submitting full papers
31 July – Deadline for reduced fee early-bird registrations
31 August – Final registration deadline
27 – 30 OCTOBER – IMMAA CONFERENCE
Paper submissions and panel proposals will be judged on the basis of extended abstracts that should be between 5 and 7 pages long. and send to: Immaa.email@example.com. On a separate page, submitters should include with their abstracts full name, title, position, affiliation and contact information (including email address and phone number) for all contributing authors. All extended abstracts and proposals should be submitted in English. Work represented should be original and should not be under consideration for another conference at the time of submission.
All submissions will be peer -reviewed in a double-blind fashion by referees nominated to the Conference Program Committee. All extended abstracts and proposals should be submitted in .doc or .docx formats electronically via the conference’s paper management system which will be available starting January 1, 2016 and can be accessed through the IMMAA website at http://www.immaa.org. Copyright for all extended abstracts and proposals will reside with the authors. By submitting the extended abstract or the proposal, the author agrees to grant conference organizers non-exclusive use of the material for publication in the conference proceedings.
Registration fees: The early bird registration fee is €200 and the fee for later registrations is €250. A reduced registration fee of €140 is available for students and junior academic researchers (less than 5 years past receipt of their doctorate).
For more information, please contact Paulo Faustino: firstname.lastname@example.org or Seongcheol Kim: email@example.com.